GENERAL DAILY ACTIVITIES
Activities will be planned to provide children with a variety of experiences. Some activities will include:
- Language development: Books, music, story time, Bible time, finger plays, flannel board stories
- Large motor skills: Balls, hula hoops, bean bags, swinging, outdoor play
- Fine motor skills: Arts & crafts, stringing beads, pegboards, blocks
- Creative expression: Dramatic play, puppets, music/instruments, flannel board
- Self-help skills: Assist with mealtime preparation, dress self for outdoors
Infant classrooms at Key to Life will follow a flexible schedule that takes into account the needs of each individual child. Infants are allowed to eat and sleep according to their own schedule. The classroom is equipped with toys that help to foster basic developmental skills. The body position of non-mobile infants and their location in the classroom will be changed frequently to offer a variety of stimuli. Staff members regularly take infants out of the classroom in strollers to provide a range of experiences throughout the day. Our nurturing staff provide infants with attentive care while communicating regularly with parents to keep them informed of all the details of each day.